o..Tinea Corporis..o

Monday, April 11, 2005

Tinea corporis is commonly known as "ring worm." Tinea corporis is the term used for fungal infection of the skin. The fungus causes a characteristic lesion which is often clear in the center with a rough, scaly, circular border. The lesions vary in size from very small circular patches to very large patches. Diagnosis is aided through scraping the lesion and examining the scales under the microscope.

As I woke up in deep pain from my out of place rib and itching body from what I thought has been just a really bad case of eczema the past year I made my way to the chiropractor for an adjustment an the doctor to get some kind of antibiotic for my skin, only to discover I didn't have eczema.. I have ringworm. Very turned off. Thank You! Thank you very much!







4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, i've said this before...you are always sick. :)

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I know this was from 2005, but can you remember how long it took for your ringworm rash to clear? I think I have the same but it's not changed after 1 month of applying lamisil daily.

TIA

7:37 PM  
Blogger missc said...

Hey Tia!

Yeah this was awhile back. I can't even remember what i was putting on mine.. might have been cortisone.. I just remember it being really itchy.. really sore.. and it lasted for several months.. maybe even 6 months! I just remember going down south on vacation an it actually felt better an started to clear! maybe all the salt water helped! but when i came home it came back full capacity!..

try cleaning the area with epsom salts every day too! cause thats a natural cleaner instead of the creams from the doctor.. i found sometimes the creams an chemicals just made it more sore an uncomfortable.

Hope that helps!
Carrie

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi thanks for the reply. I'll follow your advice and try the Epsom salts. Hopefully it doesn't stick around for 6 months!
:-)

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Cakes by Carrie





 

 

 
Free Counters
eXTReMe Tracker