o..work-whore-holic..o

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I've become a work-whore-holic. I have just spent the last twelve and a half hours of my life working at Party Packagers which was suppose to be a fourteen hour shift but my feet just couldn't handle standing any longer!

my day had bad and good moments.. one bad being me dropping my concealer on the way out the door to work causing the glass to smash into many pieces.. then arriving at work and working with a manager I dislike already from two faced talked about me on Friday night. yes everyone seems to be VERY TWO FACED there. .which I hate. however my day brightened up when this older couple came in and said in broken English.. "I need box".. I thought oh no!! why does everyone come to me that don't speak English. Then the wife said something in Jewish.. and realized I'm not Jewish an said again.. "box.. box.. put in box.." "Present?" I guessed. "Money box we need money box"... "ummm.. Piggy bank?" then I thought they dont know what a fuckin piggy bank is.. there standing here asking for a box.... then I asked "what occasion is this for..?" and the husband replied.. "its to put the money in for Bar Mitzvah" "ahhh ..ok we got those" I said as I lead them over to the religious isle. The wife explains she has no time an if I could please pretty up the box with bows an ribbons. Unsure if I was allowed or not.. being the new girl an not knowing the rules... I made her nieces Bar Mitzvah box. thrilled the woman was.. she slipped me a five dollar bill as I was cleaning up the wrappers from the ribbons.. I'm not suppose to take tips.. but hey.. these people were in a hurry.. and it cheered me up to know I did them a great favor.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Cakes by Carrie





 

 

 
Free Counters
eXTReMe Tracker