o.. yoga shmoga ..o

Friday, January 06, 2006



Last night I experience true yoga (Ashtanga), a beginners class of course.

My first thoughts, "no problem, do a couple stretches, breathe, there is nothing to it."
OMG.. I almost passed out half way through the class humping the floor. I felt all sweaty an dizzy. I had to use the wall to support myself for the stand up positions. The teacher obviously seen a lot of new people were having trouble so when one of the males at the back started using the wall I didn't feel so wimpy. I was facing Courtney and Carla and we would kinda crack a smile, however I wanted to burst out laughing cause my ass is so out of shape I couldn't handle it. A couple of girls that were overweight in the class and you would just think Fat Girl on the street if you seen them, were bending in positions I couldn't even handle. I felt like such a tool.

Finally I just kinda sat on my mat an watched everyone else, trying to make the room become straight again. Our instructor was really nice, she came over to see how I was doing an I told her "I feel sick an really really dizzy" she smiled and said " Thats good your detoxing!" an then walked away "DETOXING!!" I thought, "No lady I am gonna fuckin pass out right here and embarrass myself" I was already feeling stupid an taking back everything I ever thought of yoga! At the end of the class the instructor told me its normal to feel sick or dizzy the first few times until you get use to the whole breathing an focusing on your body!

Today my body is soOoOoOo SORE. I used muscles last night I didn't think I used or had.
however I think part of it was going to the gym too, Courtney warned me that I was crazy for doing both in the same day, but I just didn't realize!!

Thanks again Courtney for my yoga mat!! :)



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A couple of girls that were overweight in the class and you would just think Fat Girl on the street if you seen them, were bending in positions I couldn't even handle."

A 'bendy' fat girl is still a fat girl! ;) Just sayin...

Cheers

P.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Cakes by Carrie





 

 

 
Free Counters
eXTReMe Tracker